Tax Staff actively participates in the completion of tax returns, including corporate, s-corporation, partnership, individuals and trust returns. They will assist with other miscellaneous projects for clients in various industries. They will focus on four major initiatives established by the Firm: Profitability, Practice Growth; Client Focus; and Brand Culture/Development.
- Prepare partnership, corporate and individual tax returns and complete tax planning and other tax consulting procedures.
- Perform analysis of financial and non-financial information for clients.
- Update depreciation schedules.
- Prepare projections based upon financial data and income and expense projections.
- Complete assignments within an established budget for assigned areas.
- Achieve charge hour budget and minimum billable hours as set by the Firm.
- Participate in “approved” non-client initiatives to improve firm administration.
- Consistently utilize all firm and department software efficiently.
- Complete accurate, neat, organized workpapers that are free of basic grammatical, spelling, and calculation errors.
- Represent firm and build relationships by participating in outside activities.
- Develop and demonstrate strong leadership skills.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Develop and display knowledge of tax rules and regulations and demonstrate good judgment.
- Exhibit behavior consistent with rules of conduct of the AICPA, OSCPA and Accountancy Board of Ohio.
- Work in partnership with other team members and client personnel to help ensure efficient flow of information from client to audit team.
- Comprehend new, complex issues and perform basic research to solve complex problems.
- Exemplify Brand Attributes of the Firm.
- Comply with all policies and procedures of the Firm
- Demonstrate the ability to work in a team environment and address conflict with peers.
- Consistently seek feedback on performance from superiors and enhance and develop professional and technical skills.
Work Experience and Education:
- BA or BS in accounting or a related field.
- Must be eligible to sit for the CPA exam.
- Strong proficiency in the use of technology and basic PC applications (Excel, Word).
- Staff will report directly to a Performance Manager who will provide any necessary guidance relative to administrative issues or work performance through the formal evaluation process.
- Reliable transportation for on-site client work.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends based on time of year and client demands.
Job Application Form